Globe WiMAX: How to Access and Get Web Admin’s Username and Password
To be able to get the most out of Globe WiMAX you'll just have to login to its Web Admin Management Interface as admin then tweak some. Tweaks like: increasing speed, controlling dls, security, dhcp, port forwarding, dmz and more…
I know it's easier said than done. The problem is, out of the box, Globe WiMAX doesn't include the admin account info username and password… However, there's a way to get them, all you need to do is access the device because they're embedded within the firmware itself.
If you haven't already noticed, Globe WiMAX doesn't have a database to store the values for its configuration. So meaning all of the config values are stored as text in files. Yes, including the admin username and password. And getting them is not hard at all. Just follow the steps and you're good.
The web admin interface for Globe WiMAX has two account types, the so-called user and admin. With admin having all features available.
user account features:
admin account features:
Before diving-in; first things first is to determine which method to use. There are 2 methods. The first one is for WiMAX firmwares dated 2009 (& below), which allows "View page source". The second is for firmware dated 2010 (to latest), which doesn't allow "View page source".
To Determine Which Method to Use
1. Fire up your favourite web browser, in the address bar type: http://192.168.1.1/html/management/account.asp
2. Right click the page then select View page source.
If you can view the page source, continue to: Method 1: WiMAX Firmwares 2009 (& below), which allows "View page source"
If you can't, then continue to: Method 2: WiMAX Firmwares 2010 (to latest), which doesn't allow "View page source"
(Note: Tried and tested using BM622 WiMAX)
1. This will open up the source code for the page, and in it the web admin's username and password.
2. Look for the "var UserInfo =", copy the user name and password (highlighted with blue in pic).
3. Go to: http://192.168.1.1. This will open up the web admin interface login page. Paste the admin user name and password. Then click Login.
Congrats. You're now logged in as admin.
(Note: Tried and tested using BM622i WiMAX Modem)
1. Download WiMAX Password Generator:
2. Get Globe's WiMAX MAC Address:
- Look for it at the bottom of the device (modem).
- Or open up a web browser, type: http://192.168.254.1. Type: user for username and password. Then click Status -> WiMAX.
3. With ExcelAccess opened, input or paste the MAC address in Please input the MacAddress:.
4. Now click Generate and copy the generated password (which replaces the MAC address).
5. Open up: http://192.168.254.1. Input: admin in username then paste the generated password in password. Click Login.
You're now logged in as admin.
That's all. Tweak away.
- Facebook: How to Switch to Old Photo Viewer
- Play a Prank on Someone by Turning Every Webpage in Google Chrome Upside Down
- How to Run Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard) using VMware on an Intel PC
- Call Any Landline or Mobile Phone in United States and Canada For Free With Google Voice
- Download and Install Cracked (App Store) Apps Into iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad For Free